Friday, October 24, 2008

Phantam of the Opera

On Thursday 10/24/08 Mom and Dad treated My Husband and I, Emily and themselves to a afternoon in the theater. Bob and I were very excited because it was our first "BIG" production that wasn't in Grand Junction at the Avalon, Mesa State or a High School.

Bob loved it all, the lights, the music, the acting, the idea of culture in Washington.

I wasn't that impressed. I may just be getting old but I couldn't understand a lot of the singing and I know most of the songs. I loved the technical aspects of the show, costumes, sets, and when they didn't all sing at once.

For me it also brought up a lot of memories and feelings from High School that I didn't realize I still had. I tried to inflitrate the click of thespians and got burned bad. So much so that I only did two plays, Cheaper by the Dozen and Phantom, (a non broadway version of the same story.) I even auditioned and sang in front of people. In Cheaper I was in the program and yearbook but name was spelled wrong and I always wondered why they couldn't have asked me. For Phantom I was asked to come in late and help, with no thanks or being included in the program or in the yearbook as a member of the staff.

In 2005 or 2006 Bob and I had the chance to get cheap tickets to the caberet and I didn't want to go and support the people that were so rude in high school, oddly enough there were like 5 or so in the cast. I know it is over 14 years ago now and I should just forget it. Its strange how something so beautiful can bring up memories of such bad things.
I still love the music and I will go and see more shows now that I have come to grips.

So if you get the chance go see it see the wonderful costumes and set design, here is a link for the tour. http://www.thephantomoftheopera.com/us_tour/

1 comment:

DeGooyer Family said...

Awesome!! I haven't been to a "real" production in SO long!