Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Sewing Basket

I am super cheap! I needed a sewing basket to go with my new sewing machine(Christmas), and they cost about $20 at Wal-Mart for the smallest skimpyiest one. So at the GoodWill I spent $3 on Baskets. For the top I took the handle of the basket off and soaked it in hot water to re-form it. Then I went through my Mom's material and found leftovers from when she made me cases for my knitting needles and crochet hooks, so that was free. This was also my first time doing paper peiceing quilting. It was great hardly anything thinking about it and no stressing to make sure you're sewing the right way. I loved it. Then I stuffed it and hot-glued it to the lid. I really love it and it has what I need and want in a sewing basket.













1 comment:

DeGooyer Family said...

WOW, you are so talented! What a great find! Hope you both are doing well.