Friday, October 23, 2009

Saturday Oct. 17,2009

Bob and went to the Columbia River Temple for our first time and were sealed for time and all eternity. It was so great. Cale wrote a really great post about the weekend, here:

http://ourcrazylife99.blogspot.com/2009/10/cales-big-adventure-oct-17-2009.html

The people that came to the session were:
The Merkleys, the were our escorts.
The Harrods, they taught us in the Temple Prep classes.
The Mitchies, very good friends of ours.

The people that came to our Sealing were:
Jodean and her Dad, Arlene Starr, Linda Ames, Alana and Brett DeGooyer, and all those at the session.

I was so happy to see everyone there. Alana and Brett got very short notice, like 2 days, and were able to come from Yakima. I was very happy that they were able to make it.

After Cale and Sharon took lots and lots of pictures for us all around the temple grounds. I got a big fluffy wedding dress off of ebay and I got pictures in that too. I haven't seen them yet but can't wait. I will post some when we get them.

The Friday before we went to Spokane with my Parents to the distribution center and Red Lobster. Its was great to have them included with everything. We were planning on buying our own things but my parents did that for us, everything we needed, from clothing to bags. It came out to be a lot more than I was anticipating. Then I wanted to buy them dinner and that didn't work either. Silly parents are supposed to let us pay too.

On Tuesday I was still trying to process what happend Saturday. I am glad that I waited until this time in my life to go. I understand a lot more, and am more grateful for the opportunity to go. I can't believe its been 6 days already. I am very ready to go back. We have to get Bob's temple recomend replaced before we can go again. It got lost in the shuffle of changing three times from whites, to suit, to jeans. I think I'll make that happen on Sunday.

Anyway life is good. Very glad that we went and can't wait to go again.

1 comment:

DeGooyer Family said...

Alisa, I was so happy that we were able to go!!! Sorry that we couldn't make the session that morning - but I'm SO happy that we were able to be in the Temple with you two when you were sealed - what a very, special day! +)